• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree falling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryanwk

I recently purchased a piece of property; a slender portion of which runs between a county owned road and a creek. There was a redwood tree on that portion that fell over and hit a neighbor's house. The tree fell because it was undermined due partially to the rains and partially because the water company purged a fire hydrant. My insurance company is stating Act of God, and I am worried at to what my responsibilty is. Does anyone know what my exposure is?

Banned_Princess

I recently purchased a piece of property; a slender portion of which runs between a county owned road and a creek. There was a redwood tree on that portion that fell over and hit a neighbor's house. The tree fell because it was undermined due partially to the rains and partially because the water company purged a fire hydrant. My insurance company is stating Act of God, and I am worried at to what my responsibilty is. Does anyone know what my exposure is?

First I want to say, we are an American law advice site. Usually we respond only questions from the States, and you are REQUIRED to indicate the state you are in, the question that occasionally shows up 3 times in others posts, was not meant to be ignored as you have obviously taken the time to erase and discard it.

Be advised depending on your state, the answer you may or may not receive, may or may not be right, because all states are extremely different... Thats why we ask.

But since I already answered you, I am going to go ahead and post it.

None.
his house, his problem.

Was there any sign of instability in the tree before hand? I doubt it since INS already told you its not your fault.

Let me assure you then, not your fault, not your house, not your problem.

Good day.

Last edited:

bryanwk

Tree Falling

My apologies for not stating my state, it is California. Thank you for your response and giving me great sense of relief.

Thank you again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">