• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Suit: Pay or Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Darltk1

State: Michigan

I went to a Dentist who had originally placed a crown on my tooth due to the fact it had fallen out. They placed the crown back on the tooth. Two days later it cracked in half and fell out again. The Dentist put a temporary on my tooth which also cracked and fell out. In between this the Dentist ordered a gold crown(recommended by them) and due to the distance of my job I was not able to go in and have it put on. The Dentist mailed the crown to me and damanded payment for $360 and sent it to a collection agency. I refused to pay the bill and the collection agency said that the dentist is suing me. Should I pay this bill or wait to go in front of a judge?

[Edited by Darltk1 on 03-30-2001 at 01:02 PM]

JETX

Let me answer your question this way:
Did the Dentist provide the gold crown that you orderd? Do you believe the Dentist paid his supplier for the gold crown that he sent you?

If you say yes to either, or both, the above, do you think the Dentist did this for free???

Pay the dentist what you owe him.

Or else the dentist will get a judgment against you for the original bill, PLUS attorney, PLUS costs, PLUS interest.
And with a judgment in hand, he can seize any non-exempt assets that you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">