• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida simple Battery and stabbing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

southbeach911

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Three nights ago while i was walking in south beach miami with a group of 4 male friends and two females, my friends sister spotted a man who had given her a drink three nights prior, that put her in the hospital for two days. she claimed that he had given her a drink with roofies that made her pass out into a coma followed by seizures. after seeing her emotion and beeing that her brother also knew this man, we approached the man and the girls brothers both started hitting him. After being hit a few times the man rushed forward in my direction at which point i drew my arm back to hit him and as i was swinging at him he punched me in my chest.. i felt warm and then noticed he had a knife i yelled it out to my friends and they stepped back from him and proceeded to throw some bottles at him while he was running away. i lifted my shirt and then came to realize i was stabbed on the left side of my chest 2 inches left of my heart.. my friend dialed 911 and i spent the next 5 hours in the hospital...i vaguely told the police what really happened and the next day i saw the man on ocean blvd handing out flyers.. before i jumped out of my car to attack the man who had almost taken my life my friend called 911... they put the man in cuffs and then told me they had a video of the event and that i was the primary aggressor and that the man had the right to stab me in self defense!! the man was let go and i was arrested for simple battery, spending 2 days in jail!! im 19 yrs old and have one previous charge for possession of marijuana which has yet to go to court.. i was told if the man does not show up to court they will likely drop the case...but if he does what are the possible outcomes??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

So 6 people started beating the crap out of one person and you are wondering why he had the right to defend himself?

I am not saying what he did to the girl was right... quite the opposite. However, this ain't Dodge City... vigilante justice merely means that everyone goes to jail.

If they have video, the victim's testimony isn't all that important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">