• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request New Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cindy44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mo

What are some legitimate reasons why a person might request a different excutor be named? I assume that just not getting along with the named executor is not a good reason to petetion the court. I will not go into all the details as to what my uncle (named executor) has been doing with the estate. We believe he has done some unethical things as well as possibly be hiding some criminal activity since he refuses to turn over my parents cooperate records and would not give them to our mother when she was alive even though she also asked for them several times. He had access to the coooperate bank account as well as her personal bank account and was able to write checks for my parents. He also took things out of the house after my mother passed away and would not let us into the house until 3 weeks after her death. We believe he is overwhelmed with the list of things the lawyer needs to even file probate. He is yet finished with the inventory of assests to be entered into probate. My mother passed away over a month ago and he still has not even checked on her life insurance. He always tells us he is too busy.

He now refuses to let us look at the cooperate records and past income tax returns that he has locked up in my father's office and we do not have the key.

If he does not meet the 30 day deadline, is that a valid reason to request a different executor?

Cindy

anteater

I thought you said that you had an appointment with an attorney. A Missouri attorney would be the best to advise on grounds to remove the uncle.

If he does not meet the 30 day deadline, is that a valid reason to request a different executor?
I assume that are referring to submitting the estate inventory. There is a clause allowing the court to grant an extension. I suspect that it does not take much to persuade the court to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">