• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need this taken care of ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dominozchick09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky. My children (10 months and 2 1/2 years old) were recently taken away from me because I was homeless. I was then told by child protective services that I have an active bench warrant for possesion of marijuana and contempt of court. I had been incarcirated in 2007 for these charges but I didnt have the money to take drug classes or pay restitution for the bad checks that I had written almost 8 years before to various retailers. I have had a long struggling life for the past 6 years and recently found out that I am 3 months pregnant again. My worker said that all I have to do is go to the courthouse and re-docket the case. I'm afraid to do this because being that these charges are more than two years old that they will incarcirate me when I let them know who I am. I cannot being incarcirated at this time due to my condition. They do not feed or treat you very well. I cannot risk losing my child. Please just tell me do I need an attourney or should I go and re-docket the case myself and show documentation that I am with child and hope that they will not lock me up on the spot. I have not seen my children in 3 weeks and miss them dearly but I feel like I am trapped. PLEASE RESPOND SOON AS U CAN!!!!!! I am not a bad person just another person victimized by the fall in the economy.....:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">