• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasuion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corvetteqt4u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Harris County, Baytown Texas, about 20 miles out of Houston. I have been married 18 yrs. My husband and i are separated but not legally. I call his cell phone and leave voicemail. The particular voicemails i will be referring to are of me begging for money and for my husband to stop treating me so bad. ie having to beg for every penny!! His "friend" the new girl has posted this voicemail on face book. Go to mishane weyler, the comment is under mollydom to hear. can i file charges against her? ps she is a publiuc blogger with thousands of reader and puts her life out on the internet i do not

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Harris County, Baytown Texas, about 20 miles out of Houston. I have been married 18 yrs. My husband and i are separated but not legally. I call his cell phone and leave voicemail. The particular voicemails i will be referring to are of me begging for money and for my husband to stop treating me so bad. ie having to beg for every penny!! His "friend" the new girl has posted this voicemail on face book. Go to mishane weyler, the comment is under mollydom to hear. can i file charges against her? ps she is a publiuc blogger with thousands of reader and puts her life out on the internet i do not

When you leave a voicemail, you are consenting to your message being recorded.

My advice is to file for divorce. You may be entitled to alimony.

eerelations

This is not an illegal invasion of privacy. Anything that you voluntarily record on someone else's system (i.e., your husband's voicemail system), that recording becomes the property of the person to whom that system belongs...in this case, your husband. He is then free to do with that recording whatever he wishes, including give it to his girlfriend so that she can post it on the internet.

divona2000

...the new girl has posted this voicemail on face book. Go to m***** ******, the comment is under m****** to hear... ps she is a publiuc blogger with thousands of reader and puts her life out on the internet i do not
Actually, by posting that info here for the entire world to read...you sure do.

Scoobydoobie

Sorry

There is honesty nothing that you can do. An invasion of privacy is defined as the taking of ones personal and private information for public or private use by one whom is not allowed access to such information. Any messages you leave for your husband are his property to do with as he sees fit. My advice to you is that that type of thing can go both ways. If it really pisses you off, find something he doesn't want anyone to know and find a way to let everyone he knows know about it. Then hit him with a public divorce. lol. That ought to brighten up your day.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">