• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tye75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello all I have a question. I have never been in trouble before and my brother is on trial for accessory to murder. I was recently approached by some men in a parking lot demanding money that my brother and/or his associates owed them. I was approached and harrassed several times and told that if I did not pay that my brother may be killed or that they would do other things. I did pay them as much as I could. I do not have much money and neither does my family. I have gone to the police in the past for a stalker that I had and tried to get a restraining order and they did nothing. Which is why I tried to handle this on my own. I have a part time job in a store and they caught me in the store parking lot and told me that they need the rest of the money that was owed to them or there are consequences. I have never stolen anything on my life and could not bring myself to steal money from the store that I have worked at for 5 years. So i instead used a customers credit card to purchase some items that I thought I could give to them as payment and got caught.

I feel terrible and would be willing to pay as much as I can for the items I took. I just don't know what to do. This is a really bad situation and I am scared for my brother and for myself. Can anyone offer any advice? Am I going to have to go to jail?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Keep your mouth shut and get a lawyer.
You can't just undo it by paying for the items you stole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">