• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tangiawalker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I would like to know if I can be forced to sign a Quit Claim Deed? The property is located at 4289 Kimball Road Atlanta, GA in Fulton County. The Court Administrator is saying that I have to sign the Quit Claim Deed. She is saying that I either sign the deed or go to jail until I sign the Deed. Is this a true statement.

FlyingRon

Administrators have no authority to make you do anything. They can however take you to court over it and the judge may indeed force you to sign or hold you in contempt (which can get nasty).

Do you believe you have any ownership of this property?
If not why not sign the QC?

What's your relationship with the deceased? Is that Irby Walker? You really ought not to use your real name and place other identifying info (like the street address) in your postings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">