• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clear my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

innocent74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Hi,

I was wrongfully convicted for shoplifting. At my trail, the video tape that was taken in the store was not reviewed even though it was available. We were also only told at the trail that it was available. The procecutor didn't feel that it was important, but it shows my innocence. We were offered to see it at the trail. I wanted to see it, but my lawyer agreed to not see it, since it would delay the trail. He got the payment and just wanted the trail to be done.

I got a new lawyer and we went to the higher court. The judge told us to go back the the first court.

We went back to the first court and the same judge who was at my first trail and he said that he had already decided on the case and will not reopen it.

I am innocent and I have proff that I had not done any shoplifting. I need to clear my name. What should I do next.

FlyingRon

Can't tell you because there's too much information missing here. What were the appellate judge's instructions when he remanded you back to the first court. What reason did the first court give when you went back there to not hear the case.

I'm curious as to how a video is going to show you not stealing something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">