• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgarof

My fiance gets paid on the 15th and 30th of each month. He quit his job and his employer is saying that they sent back his check to the corporate office as he was paid wrong. they gave him no explanation. i thought that they had to cut him a manual check right away. they are saying he'll have to wait until at least next thursday which would be a week away! can they do that?? he is employed by a private company (which is quite large) in Massachusetts. any advice where i can find the laws pertaining to this??

B

buddy2bear

Most States require that the person is paid all that is owed him/her on the next regular payday. Sometimes a company will cut a check manually and sometimes not. If it is a large company, then it will come from their payroll department and it will be on the next regular payday.

T

tgarof

Actually, that wasn't even his last paycheck. He is still due the last check. This was just his regular paycheck. Can we do anything so that we do not have to wait another week or two??

B

buddy2bear

You can call and ask them if it would be possible for them to manually cut a check for all wages that they owe now, but they really don't have to. It will depend on how nice you are and whether they know how to do it (take out taxes, etc.) and want to fool with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">