• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kclizard

I was my Mother POA and after she passed away in January 2009 I noticed some money in my Moms account in march, so I used it for her memorial and things.Long story short I used her account for 5 months, yes I was wrong to do that. It was a few months before I knew it was SSI money July I believe, but I knowingly used it thinking I would pay it back when my husband got a job. In December the bank sent me a letter stating I owed them so much money. I got a loan and payed them back in 1 day.Then special agents from SSA came to see me.They asked for a meeting I went to this small office with 2 agents and they grillled me. At the end I asked what happens now and they said they would turn it over to the local Da to see if he wants to with it for forgery. But as far as SSA I paid it back and thats that or is it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">