• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expert testimony needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmyown3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
I work for a law firm in Alabama. The attorney I work for has a robbery trial coming up on the 16th. It is all based on eyewitness testimony.

Does anyone know how I can find an expert in fault eyewitness testimony in Alabama? I have google and binged but I get either bogus websites or directed to experts in CA.

Thank you.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
I work for a law firm in Alabama. The attorney I work for has a robbery trial coming up on the 16th. It is all based on eyewitness testimony.

Does anyone know how I can find an expert in fault eyewitness testimony in Alabama? I have google and binged but I get either bogus websites or directed to experts in CA.

Thank you.
Why doesn't the "attorney" know how to do this?:confused:

gotmyown3

I assume he can but he told me to do it and I didn't ask him if he knew how. He relies on me to do a lot of research for him. It's not unusual for legal assistants to research for the attorney.

Anyway, I found something but it mostly referred to how the expert is used. I need to actually locate one.

Just Blue

I assume he can but he told me to do it and I didn't ask him if he knew how. He relies on me to do a lot of research for him. It's not unusual for legal assistants to research for the attorney.

Anyway, I found something but it mostly referred to how the expert is used. I need to actually locate one.
Not to be rude but...It seems a little strange that a legal firm would seek this kind of assistance off a web site.

gotmyown3

To the best of my knowledge and belief, there isn't a website that lists experts in Alabama in the reliability and fallibility of eyewitness testimony. Mr. Bryan, my boss, needs to set up a conference asap, in order to review the case and find out the following:

1. Whether or not the expert believes he/she can testify in this matter.
2. The cost of the expert testimony for our client.
3. Whether or not the State will object to our expert.

Depending that is, on my ability to locate one. Not be rude either, but doesn't everyone use the web for research? I am constantly researching for one case or another.

Just Blue

To the best of my knowledge and belief, there isn't a website that lists experts in Alabama in the reliability and fallibility of eyewitness testimony. Mr. Bryan, my boss, needs to set up a conference asap, in order to review the case and find out the following:

1. Whether or not the expert believes he/she can testify in this matter.
2. The cost of the expert testimony for our client.
3. Whether or not the State will object to our expert.

Depending that is, on my ability to locate one. Not be rude either, but doesn't everyone use the web for research? I am constantly researching for one case or another.
One would think, as you have been a member here for several years, that you would know that this site doesn't provide that kind of information.

gotmyown3

I have been a member, but not in my own personal matters did I ask questions.

Anyway, I apologize. I was simply asking if anyone knew of a way to locate an expert in eyewitness testimony. I assumed it was alright to ask for that kind of assistance, since I was not in need of advice of a legal nature for the case.

Thank you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">