• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on probation violation warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angel31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South dakota. I wana know if there's a statute of limitations on a warrant for felony probation violation in south dakota? Original charge was aiding and abetting in attempted grand theftWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Son of Slam

I have great news

There is no statute of limitations on a warrant, in fact, the warrant stops the running of the statute of limitations on the underlying charge.

Angel31

how long does probation violation warrant stay active in south dakota?

If there's no statute of limitations on an existing warrant for probation violation, how long does the warrant actually stay active? If the warrant was to become inactive, would there be a statute of limitations then or would evrythng just go away?

Indiana Filer

If there's no statute of limitations on an existing warrant for probation violation, how long does the warrant actually stay active? If the warrant was to become inactive, would there be a statute of limitations then or would evrythng just go away?
Since you didn't understand the "no statute of limitations" thing, I'll make it real simple: The warrant stays active until you are arrested on the warrant and go to Court. This will not go away until you go to Court to deal with it. Go turn yourself in right now. It'll be easier for all involved.

Angel31

rude and obnoxious

You know what, I'm very young and didn't know anything about these laws at all and had never been in trouble before so when I found this site, I thought that I'd be able to get my answers and that would be it! The people who replied to my questions,with the exception of son of slam, were rude and very obnoxious! All that needed to be done was answer my question, being treated badly or like I'm stupid was unnecessary. People like that should just keep their comments to themselves because they don't help anyone and all it did was show how rude people can be and make me realize I never should have asked any questions!

cyjeff

You know what, I'm very young and didn't know anything about these laws at all and had never been in trouble before so when I found this site, I thought that I'd be able to get my answers and that would be it! The people who replied to my questions,with the exception of son of slam, were rude and very obnoxious! All that needed to be done was answer my question, being treated badly or like I'm stupid was unnecessary. People like that should just keep their comments to themselves because they don't help anyone and all it did was show how rude people can be and make me realize I never should have asked any questions!
Aw, poor sweet baby.

You are so very young while facing a felony warrant.

We should have given you a cuddle.

swalsh411

He did answer your question.

"There is no statute of limitations on a warrant, in fact, the warrant stops the running of the statute of limitations on the underlying charge."

There is nothing at all unclear about that sentence.

Oh and I might add the warrant will also stop if you die.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">