• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing Help from someone with exp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShinelleG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband got convicted of robbery in concert and was sentenced 28 years in prison. he became a suspect due to a photo line-up and he does have a criminal record, but here the thing. The robbery happened on Jan. 23, 2005 1 victim alleged he ran into one of the robbers at McDonalds in April but waited until June to report the incident to the investing officers, at this point the detectives compiled a photo-up and my husband was identified, but when it came to the trial the same person denies identifying my husband saying that is not who I picked in the line-up there was no signature on the photo line-up. The detective and the witness were saying two different things in the trial but even though the witness repeatedly said my husband was not the person they took the word of the detective over the witness and convicted my husband is there any way we can fight that? He has 30 days left to file a writ of Habeas Corpus is there anything we can do to at least get a reduced sentence? My husband was diagnosed with ADHD when he was a child and it has gone untreated so it is difficult for him to file out the paper work and i personally have no experience in and the law field so i wouldnt know where to began. so if you cant help maybe you know someone who can I must reitterate that we have only 30 days left to file the papers so please contact me at 415-685-7652 or just reply to this email

thank you very much

Shinelle Austin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">