• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Offense Resisting arrest and drunk in public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TE123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I recently have been having problems with my fiance (now husband) and were at our apartment arguing. I called the cops and they told him to leave. We had both been drinking and it was very late. Early the following morning he came to get his stuff and i hadn't slept or ate and was still drunk. I called the cops and when they came i wanted to go in the bedroom to watch him and one officer wouldn't let me and he wouldn't watch. I got mad and told them to leave then (what was point of them coming). The officer told me to leave and I said you leave this is my apartment and I pay the rent. This went on for about 30 seconds back and forth. The cop grabbed my cell phone from my hand and wouldn't let me call my nco. When I walked out the door (like they told me too). Three cops tackled me down and began to cuff me. I told them to stop they were hurting me and so did m husband. I banged on the neighbors door and began to scream loudly they dragged me down the stairs and banged up my lower back on the cement stairs about 15 and my pants came down and I called the officer a pervert and he got pissed off. I went to jail and in the cell I had a panic attack in the cell and banged my head bad. They sent me to post hospital and my ncos came to get me. One week later I found out there was a warrant for resisting arrest. I turned myself in and was released on $2500 PR the next morning. Then I fourn out the issued a citation for "drunk in public"...i was in apartment and they told me to leave how else would i get to police station (ridiculous) I am 31 in military and from NYC. I have never even gotten a parking ticket. What could possibly happen to me when I go to court. I gave lawyer hospital records stating that I was injured on my wrists, head and lower back. How is this right? I called them for help. They should have tried to calm me down instead of bickering with me.

cyjeff

When an officer tells you to do something, you do it. Immediately.

You don't scream or threaten.

I assure you that the police will say you did both.

TE123

We worked it out

We got married three days after I my night in jail. We gave each other some time apart to work out our post deployment issue. Together 3 years and stronger than ever.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">