• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair firing practices in texas,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nursenonutn

i was fired from a large nursing corp after a drug (urine)test that i was told was required d/t a nurse that had stolden some ativan&valium injectables since they hadn't been counting the injectables"in 2 wks." all nurses that had access to the medication room would be tested,i agreedd/t i knew i had never stolden anything.well the 15th only around 10-13 had gone,me included3/16 that being friday nothing happened i was called on 3/20 and informed i was +!!!! iwas flabbergasted i asked for what (amphetamines) well i had/do take a thing called maxbrand so i agreed to come in to talk with admin. and corp. nurse i showed them the maxis. and they called the lab yes would test + so i left to be back to work x day meantime hes(admin.) telling the others to bring ephedrine main ingredient in the maxis to "CLEAR THEM ON THIS"the x day im called and in his office he tells me sorry its a oversite it was methamphetamines and thats grounds for termination i didnt do any methamphetamines he was suppose to ofer me TPAPN he didnt.he had a nurse + for marijana 3 days suspentionand he suggested tpapn didnt demand it on 3/26 another nurse that was+ was told it was meth oversite agian only noticed it d/t comparing ours she smarted off 3/23 about unfairness of test on 3/20 brought in diet stuff she took (on his advice with ephedrine) to date several nurse still not tested one med. aide told me positive although he (admin.)(told her in private) and wasnt going to pass the info.shes walking around scared sh**less isnt there some laws to govern the drug testing procedures and how there carried out? and if i thought i would test + do you think i would have tested?and if its required by one why noteveryone and f.y.i. the nurse that stold the med. no longer worked there.please advice asap i was to sue the hell out of the admin. and corp. thank-you

B

buddy2bear

Depending on the State, you are entitled to a copy of the drug test results. Also, the employer must use a Government certified medical laboratory to conduct the test and the chain of possession can not be broken. Usually the lab can not be affiliated with the company submitting the subject to testing.

Ask for a copy of the results and then go see an employment attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">