• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a judge make us sell our home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissahoover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? indiana
ok my husband and his ex are divorced and in the divorce she gave him the house under the stipulation that he would get the home refinanced. well he has been unable to refi and he has continuously told her what is going on with the home and his credit. in the divorce decree it states he is to refi but it dont give a certain timeframe. can the judge order us to sell the home because of this reason?

divona2000

I bet ex-wife's name is on the mortgage, so until he gets it refinanced, it shows on her credit report as a big debt. Interferes with her credit.

melissahoover

I bet ex-wife's name is on the mortgage, so until he gets it refinanced, it shows on her credit report as a big debt. Interferes with her credit.
yes the ex is still on the mortgage. however it doesnt affect her credit. she has another loan on her actual home that she has now. her credit hasnt been affected at all because the mortgage payments have never been late not even once.

ShyCat

Another mortgage on her credit report DOES affect her credit. It counts against her total indebtedness, affects debt-to-income ratios and might cause a lender to refuse to extend additional credit as needed (e.g., "You owe too much already").

melissahoover

Another mortgage on her credit report DOES affect her credit. It counts against her total indebtedness, affects debt-to-income ratios and might cause a lender to refuse to extend additional credit as needed (e.g., "You owe too much already").

yes i know that it does affect the debt to ratio on that aspect but as far as her credit score getting or being lowered it has not been affected. i know a little bit about chredit and i was not saying that her credit isnt affected i just said that its not lowering her credit at all. i know this for a fact because i have spoke with her about it and if her credit score were to be low or getting messed up she would lose her job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">