• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indirect invasion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmfrankrn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NYS**************..... My boyfriends ex wife recently requested that their 8 year old daughter video tape the inside of our home. My boyfriend saw his daughter with her flip camera narrating through the lower level of our home and when he asked her what she was doing, she said "mom wants to see the inside of our house". I want to know if I am able to pursue invasion of privacy or if I cant because an 8 year old did the videotaping? any advice helpful.

thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NYS**************..... My boyfriends ex wife recently requested that their 8 year old daughter video tape the inside of our home. My boyfriend saw his daughter with her flip camera narrating through the lower level of our home and when he asked her what she was doing, she said "mom wants to see the inside of our house". I want to know if I am able to pursue invasion of privacy or if I cant because an 8 year old did the videotaping? any advice helpful.

thanks.
Petty much?

CdwJava

You can mention it in family court, but I do not see a crime here.

Is there something about the home you are ashamed of?

Isis1

With a capital P:rolleyes:
jee whiz!!

well, yes, OP. you are being petty. and not to pick sides. but yep, mom is being pretty silly herself for even asking her daughter to do this. but no crime was done. the child does not have an expectation of privacy. she lives there too. she can video tape her own home.

personally, i'd jump in the camera and start helping with the narrating. but then i have an attitude problem.

xylene

thanks.
Who has custody of the child?

Where does the child primarily reside?

Is there child custody issues / anything contentious?

You used the words our and home - is this a shared living space or is it yours or is it your and is it a rental or owned? Who owns / rents it??

quincy

The videotaping of the interior of a home by one of the residents of the home would not be an invasion of privacy. It is what is DONE with this videotape that could potentially invade privacy (ie. the tape winds up on YouTube with or without a less-than-flattering commentary on the residence or the residents).

I, personally, like the suggestion offered by Isis. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">