• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer wants to keep my deposit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TSDS1203

In Connecticut,
I put $800 down on a used car.
Dealer said he would hold car until I get my tax refund, (about 3 weeks). It's been about 3 weeks.
I'm recovering from my second back surgury in 6 months and went to my doctor for standard follow-up. Doctor states that my lower back is not stable and I may need another surgury. I can't drive now...don't need another car now,(I was planning on the doctor saying that I could return to work soon, I don't know how long my employer will hold my job; therefore, I can't assume new bills), but if I'm going to be out of work longer, I'm going to need my deposit back.
Dealer is reluctant to return deposit and claims he intends to keep part if not all. I've changed my mind on other dealers for a variety of reasons and always got my deposit back. Have Ct. State Laws changed?

[Edited by TSDS1203 on 03-31-2001 at 11:17 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">