• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax deed auction house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Annabee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I just bought a house through a tax deed auction. I did a title search and it came up clean with no liens, Well, there was 1 lien against it from the energy company. When I drove by to look at the property it appears that people are living there. The prior owner listed on the tax collectors certificate is a realty investment Ltd. Ok so heres where it gets complicated. While looking online to try to get a contact number for the investment company I found out that the guy owned 3 other companies that are all being investigated for Knowingly misrepresenting funding to lenders. Apparently he screwed alot of people. Anyway I guess I have a couple of questions.
1. What effect, if any, does this investment company have on me and the house I just purchased
2. How do I go about getting the people that are living there, out?
I'm not trying to "flip" this house, and I didn't buy it as an investment property. I bought it because I'm sick and tired of paying rent, and I want to own something that I can live in and put effort into.
If anyone has any information that could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any responses.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I just bought a house through a tax deed auction. I did a title search and it came up clean with no liens, Well, there was 1 lien against it from the energy company. When I drove by to look at the property it appears that people are living there. The prior owner listed on the tax collectors certificate is a realty investment Ltd. Ok so heres where it gets complicated. While looking online to try to get a contact number for the investment company I found out that the guy owned 3 other companies that are all being investigated for Knowingly misrepresenting funding to lenders. Apparently he screwed alot of people. Anyway I guess I have a couple of questions.
1. What effect, if any, does this investment company have on me and the house I just purchased
2. How do I go about getting the people that are living there, out?
I'm not trying to "flip" this house, and I didn't buy it as an investment property. I bought it because I'm sick and tired of paying rent, and I want to own something that I can live in and put effort into.
If anyone has any information that could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any responses.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: can we ask you why you bought real estate without seeking expert help?

Annabee

As I said in my question...I'm sick and tired of paying rent. I was able to get this house for backed taxes owed...which was very little. I'm just looking for "free advice"..I thought maybe someone else may have gone through something similuar. I did the title search and it came up clean. Nothing is owed on it. I mean it can't be that rare that a house gets sold at an auction that's being reneted out by the owner is it??..I mean is this a unique situation?..I didn't seek legal advice because that's more expensive than the house. All that being said....any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">