• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortage questio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steveg1994

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

last year me and my fiance tried to buy a home but didnt qualify for loan,mainly because of my credit rating. instead her brother signed for loan, house is in his name, but we make the mortage payments monthly. He currently lives there but plans to move out of country ,i want to know is there any way to get his name of mortage and into ours without having to apply our selves,is there any thing like a transfer of deed , since we are the ones who put up the down payment,pay mortage, and taxes. any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

is there any way to get his name of mortage and into ours without having to apply our selves
Two ways:
1) Get the WRITTEN permission of all parties to the contract to agree to transfer the mortgage obligation to you (unlikely) or
2) Have her brother sell the property to you and you get your own financing in your own name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">