• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cars in will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallrocker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida my cousin died and owned two cars that had her and my sister listed on the titles my sister titled one of the cars in her name 2 weeks after she died i am left the other one in the will she wants me to pay her for the one left me i think both cars should be part of the estate

ShyCat

If sister was on the titles, she didn't need a will to obtain ownership of the cars. She owned the cars already. The will only controls disposition of assets that are not titled as jointly owned with rights of survivorship and do not have a designated beneficiary, such as a POD (Payable on Death) account.

anteater

My guess would be that your sister is now the owner of both due to the way they were titled - especially since she was able to re-title one already.

Give the Florida DMV a call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">