• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling left behind property/indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whistaria

selling abandoned personal property

my two nieces sonya and angie, they lived together at sonyas, they had a fight angie moved out ,she took all of her things but didnt take a computer desk . well she left the desk for there for many months without saying what she wanted to do with it ,sonyas been telling her for the last 3 months to come and get it , angie didnt. sonya just sold the desk for $40, now angie wants it back or $130 which angie only paid$80 for it, or she is going to sue sonya does angie have any legal right to do the threats she is proposing

[Edited by whistaria on 03-31-2001 at 04:19 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: selling abandoned personal property

whistaria said:
my two nieces sonya and angie, they lived together at sonyas, they had a fight angie moved out ,she took all of her things but didnt take a computer desk . well she left the desk for there for many months without saying what she wanted to do with it ,sonyas been telling her for the last 3 months to come and get it , angie didnt. sonya just sold the desk for $40, now angie wants it back or $130 which angie only paid$80 for it, or she is going to sue sonya does angie have any legal right to do the threats she is proposing
My response:

More than likely not, because all Sonya would have to do is show a judge a copy of the letter she sent to Angie, asking Angie to remove the property within a reasonable period of time, or that Sonya would consider the property to be abandoned.

IAAL

W

whistaria

thank you

i just wanted to thank you for your time in answering my question, it helped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">