• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Showing work as my own?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

D25

i am in the process of starting my own interactive design studio (located in Putnam County, New York) and i need to know what work i can show under my studio 'client list':

1. i have been a full-time employee for a number of interactive agencies over the years. can i show the designs that i worked on while employed elsewhere as part of my own studio 'client list'? (i almost always worked with a group of designers to collectively create each design)

2. if i state that the work was done while being employed at x-company can i then show the work?

3. i also free-lanced at certain agencies. can i show the designs that i worked on as a free-lancer as part of my own studio 'client list'?

4. if i change 'client list' to 'experience' can i then show all the designs without any legal recourse from the companies at which i worked?

Desperately Yours,

D25

[Edited by D25 on 04-02-2001 at 11:33 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">