• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment from Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryanwk

I live in Northern California and am having problems with one of my neighbors. Aside from the fact that her house is a dumping ground, she grows marijuana (claims to have a license). But the real problem is that she has damaged our property, she screams obscenities over the fence, plays music at full volume when ever she sees us in the yard. The police say it is a civil matter and when we went to get a restraining order, we were denied because she hasn't actually threatened us with physical violence. I am at my wits end and somewhat afraid what the next level of harassment will be. Suing her seems useless, because she has no money.

Any advice as to what can be done?

Regards,
Bryan Kroll

TinkerBelleLuvr

I live in Northern California and am having problems with one of my neighbors. Aside from the fact that her house is a dumping ground, she grows marijuana (claims to have a license). But the real problem is that she has damaged our property, she screams obscenities over the fence, plays music at full volume when ever she sees us in the yard. The police say it is a civil matter and when we went to get a restraining order, we were denied because she hasn't actually threatened us with physical violence. I am at my wits end and somewhat afraid what the next level of harassment will be. Suing her seems useless, because she has no money.

Regards,
Bryan Kroll
Chances there is a noise ordinance. If the music is playing loudly, why not call the police?

hendo2010

Regards,
Bryan Kroll
Your in a tough spot, I am in a simalar situation, got turned down for a restraining order , per the judges quote" they are your neighbors get along" the sheriff tells me the same ever time "its a civil matter"get what you can on video, put a survaliance system in and document everything then I would shove a nuisance suit up her but thats where I am at and it seamed to quiot things down, funny how things changed when my neighbors lawyer got a copy of all their behavior .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">