• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree limbs over property line.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbevins2003

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I own a tree with some limbs growing over the property line. My neighbor pruned some of those limbs back to the property line. I have no problem with that. But then they threw the limbs back onto my property. Can they legally do that?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

drewguy

I believe you have a right to the limbs (e.g., for firewood) but that does not mean you have an obligation to take them. they should dispose of them.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I own a tree with some limbs growing over the property line. My neighbor pruned some of those limbs back to the property line. I have no problem with that. But then they threw the limbs back onto my property. Can they legally do that?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: the limbs were their property, so no, they should not have done that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">