• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a divorce: on the deed, but not on the mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canxpress

Nevada

After my husband and I were married, he bought our home under his name for the mortgage. After the home was purchased, he added me to the title (which is reflected on our county's assessor's page). We have decided to divorce and I would like to quit deed my name off the title. May I do this on my own or do I have to have a lawyer do it. Here is the site I am using for assistance.

ReviewJournal.com: Legal Resource Center Featuring Leading Attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada

Also, are there any other forms (i.e. Declaration of Value) which need to also be submitted?

Thanks for your time.

HomeGuru

Nevada

After my husband and I were married, he bought our home under his name for the mortgage. After the home was purchased, he added me to the title (which is reflected on our county's assessor's page). We have decided to divorce and I would like to quit deed my name off the title. May I do this on my own or do I have to have a lawyer do it. Here is the site I am using for assistance.

ReviewJournal.com: Legal Resource Center Featuring Leading Attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada

Also, are there any other forms (i.e. Declaration of Value) which need to also be submitted?

Thanks for your time.

**A: do not sign anything until you have your attorney review your situation.

canxpress

Really HG? We are splitting up in good terms and I really don't want to be a part of that anymore. What would speaking with lawyer uncover? I'm just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

HomeGuru

Really HG? We are splitting up in good terms and I really don't want to be a part of that anymore. What would speaking with lawyer uncover? I'm just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
**A: there maybe equity in the property and evenif no equity, there could be tax consequences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">