• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewThings

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I moved out of the house due to an up coming divorce. We have a rental property and my wife wants to short sale the property to the current renters who want to buy it short sale.I know I am on the mortgage -my wife told me that but recently had a protective order issued and am not allowed to contact her except by email. I have asked if I am still on the deed, but she has not responded. I recently signed some paperwork, and am now uncertain what it was. She said it was to refinance. Is there any way I can check to see if the deed has changed?

Assuming I am still on the deed, and am on the mortgage - can my wife short sale it without my approval?

I want to move in but with what I am paying her each month, and the price of the mortgage I cannot meet the full payment on my own. I could if I had 2 renters and it is a 5 bedroom house.

I am currently renting a room from a friend. I would like to take the property as it is about 1/2 mile from my wifes residence and it would allow me to share custody and keep them in the same neighborhood and school district. Any advice would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I moved out of the house due to an up coming divorce. We have a rental property and my wife wants to short sale the property to the current renters who want to buy it short sale.I know I am on the mortgage -my wife told me that but recently had a protective order issued and am not allowed to contact her except by email. I have asked if I am still on the deed, but she has not responded. I recently signed some paperwork, and am now uncertain what it was. She said it was to refinance. Is there any way I can check to see if the deed has changed?

Assuming I am still on the deed, and am on the mortgage - can my wife short sale it without my approval?

I want to move in but with what I am paying her each month, and the price of the mortgage I cannot meet the full payment on my own. I could if I had 2 renters and it is a 5 bedroom house.

I am currently renting a room from a friend. I would like to take the property as it is about 1/2 mile from my wifes residence and it would allow me to share custody and keep them in the same neighborhood and school district. Any advice would be appreciated.
**A: she can't sell the property if you are listed on the deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">