• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling a mobile home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frangi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I advertised a mobile home for sale on the internet for $600. in a mobile home park. Buyer who lives in MI 1st had to be background and credit checked by the park before purchase could take place. We agreed since it cost him $100. for credit checks purchse price would be $500. Everything was completed, buyer was approved by the park said he wants the home and he had a friend of his down here look at the home who gave him the go ahead. He asked the manager of the park to draw up the papers and he would sign them when he got here and show bill of sale and title to the home per their requirement. He sent a check for the purchase price and told me to cash the check and just put the keys and the title on the kitchen table, he would be down on the weekend and would sign the papers with the mobile home park to move in. Home was sold as is. He got here and changed his mind. He dont like the home. Now he refuses to sign any papers or title it.

DAD10

Mobile homes...

Are considered personal property-unless the axles underneath are removed.
This being said these transfers/sales do not follow the guidelines as a SFR.

Frangi

Yes I understand that, but what is my recourse? Are you saying I posted this under the wrong feed?

DAD10

Save yourself some headache, this scenario has the same applications as a car sale gone wrong. Walk away. Or take it to small claims court. You decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">