• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment of minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilred

pgh, pa
my 14 yr. old daughter is being harrassed by her 40 yr old aunt. I went to the magisterate and pressed charges. we had a hearing and the judge ruled in our favor and told her aunt that she would be on probation for 90 days and if any thing happened in that period she would be fined $300.00. he announced case closed and we all left the room. today i received a letter from the hearing and it didn't say anything about the probation it just said that the defendant requested a continuance and gave a date that it would be held. how could the judge change the ruling after the case was over?

racer72

Go to the court house and make sure you received the correct paperwork. You should be able to see the docket for the day in question and it should state exactly what the magistrate ordered. It it possible to ask for a continuance after the hearing if the aunt felt that she could not comply with the order or if she needed more time to prepare a defense. What possibly happened to you is not that uncommon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">