• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate banking account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arush71

I am in Texas. I have 2 life insurance checks that the banks will not let me deposit. They are made out to the Estate of my mother.
I had a Muniment of Title which as I understand, A judge rules that the Will my mother made which appoints me as executor is legal and binding.
Why are the banks requiring something called "A letter of Testamentary"?
I have already spent more on Lawyers fees than the insurance policy is worth.

Last edited:

arush71

The judges order was faxed to their corporate legal department along with the death certificate, EIN # and the Will.

anteater

The judges order was faxed to their corporate legal department along with the death certificate, EIN # and the Will.
And their legal department replied with the insistence on receiving letters testamentary?

My understanding of Texas law is that the muniment of title should be sufficient. I know that involving an attorney again is not what you want to hear, but having an attorney communicate with the bank would probably be less expensive than opening formal probate in order to get the letters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">