• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undivided interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boblindsey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts.
Currently myself and three other siblings own residential property and I wish to sell my interest in the property. A buyer, has offered to buy my share of the property, however he understands that the property is owned by all of us in undivided interest. Can I sell my share without any legal ramifications from my siblings or anyone else.?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MASS.

Mass_Shyster

Massachusetts.
Currently myself and three other siblings own residential property and I wish to sell my interest in the property. A buyer, has offered to buy my share of the property, however he understands that the property is owned by all of us in undivided interest. Can I sell my share without any legal ramifications from my siblings or anyone else.?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MASS.
Yes, you can sell your interest. If the property is mortgages, selling your share may not absolve you of your responsibility for the note.

You really want to have a lawyer prepare the deed to make sure it's correct.

HomeGuru

Massachusetts.
**A: is there a current mortgage on the property?
How is the title to the property held?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">