• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil rights/employment -- usc1985 -- SOL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marieclaire

is there a statute of limitations on filing a federal action in usdct under u.s.c. 1985? i have not been able to find this info on the internet.

brief background: i want to file an action against u.s. state dept. officers who illegally fired me in violation of the constitution (EP and DP) and in violation of title VII. i will sue under title VII -- if and when DOS ever gets around to making its "final decision" on the complaint which i filed last march. (my 180 days was over 3 months ago, but there is still no "report of investigation". i want to have this ROI completed BEFORE i file in usdct against DOS under title VII.

under title VII, DOS stands in the stead of the tortfeasor officers -- EXCEPT for violations of civil rights. usc 1985 specifically allows civil actions against officers who "act under color of title" when depriving someone of his civil rights. this law was written because the u.s. govt is PROHIBITED from standing in the stead of its officers who violate citizens' civil rights!

therefore, in order to actually get at the officers who intentionally and willfully discriminated against and eventually fired me, i need to file under usc 1985. (so at least i think i've got them!)

BUT, is there a statute of limitations? if so, when does it toll? and if so, where is it located under the u.s. code??

thanks very, very, VERY much!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">