• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sibbling won't papers to name executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elitefinders

Sibbling won't sign papers to name executor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Both parents died one after the other. I was executor of my mother's estate (mother died first). My dad and other siblings signed documents so I would handle that. When my father passed shortly after of course mom's estate was transferred to my fathers' estate. Now we have to name the executor of his estate in order to pay bills and settle the money that's left.
Attorney has sent out papers once again to my other siblings and for the exception of one person everyone has signed the papers. The one sibling has not signed the papers for 2 months. After siblings contacting this person and impressing upon them that they need to sign and submit to attorney, and after attorney sending additional papers, still nothing has been done.

We would like to have closure, and I am making payments on the utilites in my parents house, and paying taxes, but not able to live there because I am in my own place. This is costing me a ton of money paying in 2 different properties. And this same sibling is stating that I shouldn't live there.

Is there anything legally we can do to force this person to cooperate? Can we sue the person? We all want closure but this person has issues.

Last edited:

anteater

What does your attorney say?

Was there a will? Were you nominated in the will as the personal representative?

elitefinders

There was no will & when my mom past first my dad and the other siblings signed papers for me to be the executor of her estate. My dad was ill at the time. But now we have to sign papers again since dad is gone and my moms estate was closed and is now transfered to my dads. An Executor has to be selected for his estate. As far as the attorney handling this, I have to speak to him on Monday.

tranquility

I am uncertain as to the problem. You open probate, get appointed executor, and deal with the estate. If the non-signer disagrees, he initiates the proper court procedures. Sure, it may cost a bit more, but your attorney should know the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">