• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right of way easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdholt

Tennessee, Rutherford County, I own property that was originally purchased by my parents in the late 1970's. They were granted an easement of right of way across the owners property. Now there are 4 properties served by this gravel right of way. 2 are privately owned and the other 2 are rental properties owned by the original owner. My question is this, Who is responsible for maintaining this gravel road ? The winter wearher has taken it's toll and garvel and grading is required.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cdholt

Maintaining right-of-way road

Just checked deed and here is what is written :
Included with this conveyance is the non-exclusive use for purposes of
egress and ingress of an existing 25 foot private right - of - way leading
from the Woodbury Hwy. to the herein described property.

justalayman

I don't have the time to look up any pertinent laws at the moment but most often, the maintenance is paid by the users of the easement proportionally to the amount of use by each party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">