• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a contract fo Deed that has Expired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fleabugga

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri. My Husband and I had a contract for deed with a buyer for 1 year Feb Of 2009 to Feb 2010 she was to pay the full amount at this time the contract now has expired and we have taken the house back and recorded the deed. She refuses to take her belongings out. We have sent her a certified letter stating she has 7 days to retrive her belongings she still refuses. This is our home, she is useing for storage. what can we do to make her get her Items out. she no longer lives there. Our Attorney says we can move the items out but she can say we stole stuff.:confused:

FarmerJ

You can INVENTORY the property she left behind , using video camera and long hand notes , 6 plates lg, 6 plates sm, 8 coffee cup 12 ******i glass , 12 wine goblet, 12 double shot glass, 6 half gallon beer mugs , etc with the video and then ask your atty how many days you should give to her in a letter that tells her if she doesnt come to get the things then they will be disposed of, Send it via certified mail , if she didnt put in a forwarding address too bad it will come back to you DO not open it , if she sues you let her explain to a judge why she didnt change her address or pick up the mail. Inventory records would show the court what she left behind and what shape it was in so when she claims you threw out grannys antique six drawer dresser you can show the court the pics of the rooms before you moved out any thing and let the court see her cardboard faux wood laminate six drawer dresser was there with all her crap in the drawers that were sticking out. (got the idea LOL ) document it all , because it would show that you did take reasonable care to pack up and know what you were packing up before storing it in the garage or a shed or somewhere while waiting for her to respond to your demand to come and get it all.

fleabugga

Thank you

This is pretty much what we have been told to do and our attorney now has said the same to go ahead and take pictures and then put into a storage building, pay on it and then when she is ready to get it she must pay us to be able to get er Items. If not then we can sell off her her items to get our money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">