• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LittleSister123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Illinois is the relevant state.
When my mother died, the family home was put in a trust for me and my brother. The lawyer helped my brother take the house out of trust and put the title in his name. To do this, the lawyer signed my name on the appropriate documants. I do not remember signing anything to give him permission to do so. I found out about all of this because my brother did this to get a mortgage on the house that he cannot pay and is now facing foreclosure in the near future.
I live in another state, this is all happening in Illinois. Do I have any recourse I can take? According to my brother, it was the lawyer's idea to take the house out of trust and put it in my brother's name so that he could get a mortgage to make improvements to the house. Is it possible that the lawyer signed my name illegally? If so, are there any actions I can take? If there are, how will they effect my brother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">