• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is my next step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coop142

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My Grandmother's estate is small enough to qualify to be relieved from administration. I downloaded the forms from the county website. I'm not sure who needs to sign this form. Please explain the waiver of notice. My Grandmother's will states all of her assets are to be left in trust to my mother. After my mother's death the assets are to be divided between 4 grandchildren. Should the grandchildren sign the waiver of notice. Should my mother sign, she is the only child of the deceased. The form says "The undersigned surviving spuse, heirs at law, legatees, devisees, and other persons entitled to notice of the filing of the application to relieve decedent's estate from administration, waive such notice." My question is who is this specifically. Anyone named in the will? The grandchildren will be named as beneficiaries of the trust, do they need to sign this form now?

Thanks for your help. I want to file this form soon.

anteater

That you did not receive an answer the first time you asked indicates that nobody here is familiar enough with the waiver for release from administration in Ohio to answer.

If you want a guess, then I would say that, since your mother was an only child and all the grandchildren are your mother's children, then your mother's signature should be sufficient.

coop142

Thank you for responding. I want to file this form so that we can be relieved from the full probate process. I am impressed that you noticed my previous post thanks for the explanation. I am not clear about the whole process. When I file to open the case will the will be accepted at the same time? I am planning on meeting with an attorney but I live out of town and I am trying to do as much work in advance as possible. I would like to try to file with the county myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">