• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short Sale Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lanebing

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I entered into a contract to purchase a home via a short sale. The seller's agent mentioned that they had a pre-approved selling price from the bank so the transaction should take about a month. Five months later and several discussions later... I negotiated a price of $360K on the house. The appraisal was done and the bank looked at the comps and the market and reduced the appraised value from $360K to $333K. My bank (lender) stated that they would not loan me more than the value of the home is worth. Therefore, I went back to the Seller's agent with an addendum to requested the bank lower the price to reflect the lender's assessment/review. The Seller's agent told my agent (nothing in writing) that the bank has declined my request and insist that they will not accept anything lower than $360K even though the houses (value) in that area have dropped significantly. I requested that the seller's agent send me the bank's rejection. He refused to send me it but forwarded the approved $360K amount sent by the bank on December 23, 2009. He stated that nothing has changed since the bank approved the $360K. This does not feel right. I am going to have to back out of the contract because I cannot get a loan on this property at the $360K value. It is an FHA loan with an FHA appraisal. This appraisal will be attached to this property for 4-6 months; therefore, the adjusted price will be attached to the appraisal as well. We were told have 3 banks that they would not make a loan on the $360K value after reviewing the appraisal. Do have have recourse?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I entered into a contract to purchase a home via a short sale. The seller's agent mentioned that they had a pre-approved selling price from the bank so the transaction should take about a month. Five months later and several discussions later... I negotiated a price of $360K on the house. The appraisal was done and the bank looked at the comps and the market and reduced the appraised value from $360K to $333K. My bank (lender) stated that they would not loan me more than the value of the home is worth. Therefore, I went back to the Seller's agent with an addendum to requested the bank lower the price to reflect the lender's assessment/review. The Seller's agent told my agent (nothing in writing) that the bank has declined my request and insist that they will not accept anything lower than $360K even though the houses (value) in that area have dropped significantly. I requested that the seller's agent send me the bank's rejection. He refused to send me it but forwarded the approved $360K amount sent by the bank on December 23, 2009. He stated that nothing has changed since the bank approved the $360K. This does not feel right. I am going to have to back out of the contract because I cannot get a loan on this property at the $360K value. It is an FHA loan with an FHA appraisal. This appraisal will be attached to this property for 4-6 months; therefore, the adjusted price will be attached to the appraisal as well. We were told have 3 banks that they would not make a loan on the $360K value after reviewing the appraisal. Do have have recourse?
**A: recourse for what? Move on and find another property to buy.

nextwife

Their short sale department recieved an approval of a shortage of X dollars. They have no obligation to accept a greater shortage. Walk or make up the difference and buy. Your choice..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">