• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just because I am an employee should I get this kind of treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angel27

I am an employee at a big car dealership. I bought my car for $750 over the cost of the car. The check engine light came on the day I drove home. It cost me almost $2,000. to replace the transmission, and they are saying that I don't get a thirty day warranty because I am an employee, and I bought the car for such a "good deal"

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What a load of crap. They sell cars to other people for "a good deal" don't they ? And, those other people get a 30 day warranty, don't they ? So, they have established a practice of warranting their cars with the public, of which you were one when you decided to "do business" with them. There's also a little thing called the "implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose" under the Uniform Commercial Code. Did you sign the contract with an "as-is" or "all faults" clause ?

Screw them as much as you can. Sue them.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">