• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to end a business (s-corp) Legally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsloneker

This for a business in the state of minnesota. My partner and I are currently operating a business which happens to be a S-Corp. My question is what do I have to do to either end the business completely or sell my portion of the business to my partner to I am no longer associated with the business. What needs to be done from a legal point of view so I am go longer legally tied to it?

Thanks.
Brett

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

HomeGuru

This for a business in the state of minnesota. My partner and I are currently operating a business which happens to be a S-Corp. My question is what do I have to do to either end the business completely or sell my portion of the business to my partner to I am no longer associated with the business. What needs to be done from a legal point of view so I am go longer legally tied to it?

Thanks.
Brett

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota
**A: both need to agree to end the business. Both need to agree to a buy-sell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">