• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Travel Wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CJ1

I am a supervisor at a small manufacturing plant in CO. I am an at-will employee paid on a wage basis. Occasionally, I am required to travel 1-4 hours from my place of work for installation using a company vehicle. I get paid my normal wages for driving and working up to 40 hours. If driving time pushes me into overtime, they pay me a separate, lower wage for the driving time; that does not go towards overtime. Is this driving time considered an integral part of my job and should it go toward overtime?

A

Attorney_Replogle

You will have to speak with a local employment law attorney about this. My feelings is that the employer does have to pay you the normal rate of overtime payment no matter whether you are driving or doing any other job related task. Try finding an attorney via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">