• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New jersey law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcmillon55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New jersey
My aunt owned property and passed this past year. My mother lived with her sister and now she is in ill health and not expected to live much longer.
When my Aunt passed on no will was found and the deed was not transfered to my mother. My mother is the last of her brother and sisters however she has two children.
Can we the children claim the property?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New jersey
My aunt owned property and passed this past year. My mother lived with her sister and now she is in ill health and not expected to live much longer.
When my Aunt passed on no will was found and the deed was not transfered to my mother. My mother is the last of her brother and sisters however she has two children.
Can we the children claim the property?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Aunt's estate will need to go through probate first...you really should seek the assistance of an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">