• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did they evade policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chipbush

I was working as a sales associate for a large Northeast (NY) corporation. A former co-worker who had previously been harassing me, showed up at my place of employment, confronted my boss, and basically told him lies about some false criminal charges that had been placed against me. One week later I was terminated "to avoid further workplace confrontations". Can my employer do this? Can I sue the person for defamation of character or slander?

A

Attorney_Replogle

I doubt that you have any legal recourse against your most recent employer. However, I do think you have a case against that former co-worker who spread untrue stories of your criminal record (or lack thereof). So contact a local employment law attorney near you via https://attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">