• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

just10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

my sisters and I have our names on the title of our parent's apt. however, my oldest sister has her name on the mortgage with my dad and everything else is on her name. on a monthly bases my dad transfer enough money to her checking account and she pays the mortgage. she also claim the apt on her taxes every year. I'm afraid the when the time comes she will try to take all and leave my little sister and myself with nothing. I know she isn't taking all the responsibility because she is nice, she has a motive. can she claim all because she pays the mortgage out of her checking account and all the other bills are under her name and she claims the apt on her taxes? help

nextwife

Ownership and debt responsibility are two different things. Having debt responsibility doesn't automatically make one an owner and vice versa. Your sister only has the share of ownership legally vested to her. She cannot just remove what you already own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">