• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations on claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

executor in Phx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
Because of circumstances in probate of a friends Estate and Trust and how it came about, we discovered that my friends father raided the family decedents trust to create his own. He died 23 months ago. My friend who died 9 months ago didn't file a claim, but may not have known about the fraud.
Based on knowledge of when we discovered this fraud, and his date of death, can we still file a claim against his estate on behalf of my friends estate?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Dandy Don

Your post is too confusing to understand because an exact explanation/description of what has happened is not clear and how much money is involved. Get a consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">