• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing an estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danielle14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I am the administrator of an estate that will be split into 4 parts. I am ready to send out the closing letter with the checks. Is there a sample letter I could use to base my letter off of to send out to formalize the closing?

Thanks

anteater

I've never seen one available on the internet. Generally, I would say that the accounting and explanation of how the estate distribution was calculated is more important anyway.

Just inform the beneficiaries of their right to have things reviewed by their own counsel and, if they object, to throw it into the Orphans' Court to audit the whole thing (which, of course, would result in delay and added expense).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">