• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't register car in nh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjt

in august of 2000 i bought a 1989 ford probe for $650 in a private sale in new hampshire. to make the car road worthy i had brakes and rotors installed for $300. the old law in nh was any car more than 10 years old would not be issued a title. when i tried to register the car i was told by the dmv that the new law is 15 years, is being phased in, and i need the title for this particular car, which i don't have. i went back to the man i bought the car from and he couldn't find the title. i went back to the dmv and got him the forms to apply for a replacement title. nh won't issue a replacement title because he purchased and registered the care new in massachusetts. massachusetts won't issue a title because the car was registered in nh when this man moved there. here we are seven months later and i have a $950 paperweight sitting in my driveway. what are my chances of recovering my money in small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">