• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last pay check and vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendagribben

My last employer is not paying my last paycheck because he states that the week were closed between christmas and new years of 1999 we were paid for and that was an advance on my last week of work when I quit. I was never told of this arrangement. He is also not paying me for my earned vaction time. Is this right?
Wenda Gribben

L

lawrat

You are owed any accrued vacation time not yet taken and any amount not paid. If they do not pay, usually within 1 week after termination, they may owe you more -- interest, statutory penalties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">