• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborhood Associations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richardtdy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I live in a subdivision, in phase 4 which hasn't been incorporated, at the end of one of the roads. My only access is through the subdivision on their private roads.

My question is what are we legally bound to pay for a use fee?

Basically every since we bought and built we have paid a road use/maintenance fee equvalant to the annual dues of the association, with the checks VERY specifically marked FOR ROAD MAINT ONLY, as not to confuse them with an implied desire to join them. We probably would join but the pavement ends where our frontage to the roadbed begins meaning we have to drive through a lot of muck and mire, then track it onto our driveway, etc, to get to our house. We have been tol joining would increase our property value, but I think having to drive through a mud pit would turn more people off than not being part of the subdivision.

Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">